Choose which exhibit you want to explore!
Call for Artists
Discovery Park of America (DPA) invites local artists to submit artwork for the Artist Showcase. The showcase is an ever changing series of temporary exhibits, each lasting 3 months. There will be an Artist Showcase Reception held in honor of the winner.
Who: Artists working in any two-dimensional medium or other mediums that can be wall-hung.
What: Artist Showcase
When: Deadlines for entry will be established quarterly, with displays being changed at the same rate.
Current Deadline for submission: February 7
Where: The lower level of Discovery Center, just outside the Art Hall and near the exit to the park grounds.
Why: To share the talents of local artists
How: Complete guidelines, application and submission deadlines found here!
Artist Showcase Receptions: January 10, April 11, July 11 and October 10
And the winner is...
Current Winner: Larry Richardson, an artist, naturalist and author who has spent a lifetime either conserving or celebrating the great outdoors, will “bring the outside in” as his work becomes the latest to be recognized in DPA’s Artist Showcase. His paintings will be on display Jan. 10 – March 31, 2019.
- Russel Bash is a local artist frpom Paducah, Kentucky. (July – December 2018)
- Sarah Haig from Martin, Tennessee. (January – June 2018)
- John McLaren from Murray, Kentucky. The collection is titled “Women in Hats.”
- David Sheridan of Martin, Tennessee. Photographs of Reelfoot Lake
- Ann Stapp of Paris, Tennessee. She paints outdoor scenes, striving to capture nature’s beauty.
- Les Macdiarmid of Martin, Tennessee. He paints portraits, contemporary pieces, and also has painted over 50 outdoor public murals in West Tennessee.