Canstruction® is a competition that engages participants in structural design while also allowing them to make a positive impact on hunger in their local communities.
– Open to Middle School, Junior High, and High School Teams competing under the direction of a faculty advisor
– Prizes to be awarded for the Most Creative, Best Meal, Discovery Park Choice, Sponsor Choice, and People’s Choice
– Registration is limited to 10 teams
– Each team will be paired with a mentor from the UTM Student Chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers
• Aug. 30, 2019 – Registration Deadlines
• Sept. 3, 2019 – Design proposal and sponsor fund distribution instructions due
• Oct. 4, 2019 – Final Project Description and day-of details due
• Nov. 1, 2019 – Buildout and competition day
• Nov. 1 – Dec. 1, 2019 – Canstruction Exhibition
The 3rd Annual Canstruction Jr. Competition at Discovery Park of America will be held on Fri., Nov. 1, 2019. The complete competition rules, timeline, and registration information can be found HERE.
The competition is sponsored by Allen Searcy Builder Contractors and the Westan Insurance Group. Thanks to their generosity, each team will receive $500.00 to purchase canned food to build their Canstruction® creations! After the exhibit ends, all canned goods will be donated to three local charities: Chimes for Charity, Helping Hands and WE CARE Ministries.