Canstruction® is a competition that engages participants in structural design while also allowing them to make a positive impact on hunger in their local community. The 2017 Discovery Park of America Canstruction competition will be held on Friday, November 3, 2017. Entries will remain on display at Discovery Park of America until November 30, 2017.
The competition is sponsored by Alan Searcy Builder Contractors and the Westan Insurance Group. Thanks to their generosity, each team will receive $500.00 to purchase canned food to build their Canstruction creations!
- Open to Middle School, Junior High, and High School Teams competing under the direction of a faculty advisor
- Prizes to be awarded for the Most Creative, Best Meal, Discovery Park Choice, Sponsor Choice, and People’s Choice
- Registration is limited to 10 teams
- Each team will be paired with a mentor from the UTM Student Chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers
- Open to college teams off all kinds (classes, clubs, greek organizations, etc.)
- Registration is limited to 5 teams
- Prizes to be awarded for the Most Creative, Best Meal, Discovery Park Choice, Sponsor Choice and People’s Choice
- September 8, 2017 – Registration Deadlines
- September 22, 2017 – Design proposal and sponsor fund distribution instructions due
- October 27, 2017 – Final Project Description and day-of details due
- November 3, 2017 – Buildout and competition day
- November 4 – November 30, 2017 – Canstruction Exhibition