On your mark…get set…GO! The 6th Annual Cardboard Boat Regatta will be held on May 4, 2019 at 11 a.m. at Discovery Park of America’s South Lake.
Whether you’re a teacher looking for a fun way to incorporate STEM basics in your curriculum, a leader wanting to find a project to encourage teamwork among your staff or a group of friends needing an outlet for your outrageous creativity, this is the event you’ve been waiting for.
And this one is just as much fun to watch as it is to race. It’s included with park admission and, as always, members get in free.
So pull together your team, gather the materials for your boat, select your captains and get ready to race.
1. Entry fee is $25 per team, before May 1, 2019, $35 on the day of the regatta
2. Teams are made up of 2-4 members.
3. Additional team members are $14.95 (adults), $12.95 (seniors 65+) and $11.95 (children 4-12).
4. On the day of the race, all teams are required to attend the pre-race meeting at 9 a.m.
5. Awards given to First, Second and Third Places.
6. Other awards: Best Team Spirit, Best Sinking Award and the Most Creative Boat Award
Want to learn the secrets to building the best cardboard boat on the water? Join Commodore John Watkins on April 4 at 5:30 p.m. for a short lesson on “How to Build a Cardboard Boat.” It’s FREE to attend.