General Operating Guidelines Rentals and Events
We are following guidelines for restaurants provide by the “Tennessee Pledge,” a plan to help Tennesseans return to work in a safe environment, restore their livelihoods and reboot our state’s economy.
Updated Oct. 7, 2020
Current Rentals Status: Discovery Park has made plans to make the museum and park available for rentals under very strict guidelines. While Discovery Park will take into consideration the current recommendations for restaurants and event spaces from state and federal government guidelines, Discovery Park reserves the right to create more conservative guidelines at its own discretion at any time.
- All guests are required to wear a face mask
- Dancing is not permitted except for a bride-groom first dance, father-daughter dance or mother-son dance.
- Seating will be modified to accommodate social distancing of at least six feet between individuals from different households or groups.
- Physical distancing recommendations of six or more feet apart is currently being followed. “Further is safer.”
- The number of guests is limited to 50% of capacity.
- All staff will be required to wear a cloth face covering during set up and tear down of tables, chairs and bars including cleaning off and disposing of items on tables.
- All staff working event must have temperature taken when entering the building.
- All staff must wash hands for 30 seconds or more after entering the building.
- Only disposable cutlery, cups and plates will be allowed on tables, at bars, etc.
- No more than 10 guests per table
- Tables must be spaced 6 feet or more apart
- All catering staff must always wear gloves and masks while handling food and beverage, no exception
- Where possible, we recommend you maintain guest contact information for up to 30 days in order to assist public health officials in the event necessary.