• Provides admission assistance as funds are available
• Any K-12 public or private school may apply for free or assisted admission for field trips
• Schools with Title 1 status will be given preference
• Complete and submit the Education Scholarship Online Application
• Provide documentation of the 2019-2020 student enrollment percentage of free and reduced lunch participants
• Funds are for park admission only and cannot be used for lunches, special attractions, or special exhibits
• The school is responsible for requesting a field trip through the online registration process and must follow all rules for field trips
• DPA will request a follow-up report about the benefits of the field trip to the students’ education
At Discovery Park of America, we’re proud that our mission includes providing support for teachers and administrators in taking STEAM teaching out of the classroom and lab and applying it in a hands-on, state-of-the-art experience.
By contributing to an interdisciplinary and applied approach, integrated into cohesive learning programs, we are helping teachers ignite and inspire the next generation of critical thinkers, problem solvers and innovators.
At a time when American schools face shrinking resources and growing demands, it’s incredibly helpful for teachers and administrators to have DPA here as a museum that supports their STEAM activities that take place in the classroom. With our education scholarships, we hope no child misses out on this opportunity because of finances.
You will receive a response noting that we received your application. If you do not, be sure to check your spam folder. School websites sometimes block emails; so please make sure your system will allow our emails to reach your inbox. Should you have a problem, feel free to call us at 731-885-5455.
All applicants will be notified of scholarship awards ASAP.