About Discovery Park of America
Discovery Park of America is a state-of-the-art 100,000-square-foot museum sitting on a beautifully landscaped heritage park in Union City, Tennessee. While we’ve quickly become a must-see attraction in the area, the real magic is found in the spirit of creativity and exploration that’s sparked in our visitors. Offering a variety of programs, exhibits, and hands-on activities, a visit to Discovery Park inspires every guest to see beyond.
Discovery Park of America’s iconic 100,000-square-foot museum showcases ten exhibit galleries focused on topics like science, space, technology, the military, natural history, regional history, art, transportation, and more. Guests experience:
- 4-D simulation of the early 1800s earthquakes that created the beautiful landscape in this region
- 20,000-gallon aquarium revealing the underwater life of the region’s lakes
- Dinosaurs, fossils, and prehistoric artifacts
- Military equipment, vintage automobiles, and an actual Titan missile ready to launch
- Interactive displays focused on science, technology, engineering, and math—and dozens more hands-on experiences
- Theater with films from Giant Screen Films, a leader in the IMAX industry
- The tallest observation tower in this region
- Galleries dedicated to the visual arts
- Unique state-of-the-art meeting spaces for groups ranging in size from ten to thousands
- Gourmet southern meals prepared by Sabin’s Café Catering
The 50-acre outdoor heritage park includes a man-made river flowing through the extensively landscaped property, along with waterfalls, bridges, and other water features. Guests experience:
- Reproduction of an early 20th-century town with a working gristmill, windmill, one-room schoolhouse, and more
- Japanese, European, and American gardens
- Reproduction of an entire mid-19th-century frontier settlement
- 120-year-old church restored to its original glory
- Turn-of-the-century train station and depot with locomotive, cars, and caboose to explore inside and out
- Liberty Hall including a replica of the Liberty Bell and an exhibit on American freedom
- One-of-a-kind nature-inspired playground experience featuring a PlayOdyssey Tower, log steppers, log balance beams, hillside climbers, slides and a mini zip line
From the students who get to visit because their teacher took them out of the classroom for a hands-on, state-of-the-art learning experience, to the families who visit from around the world to discover something new, to adults who participate in classes and panel discussions on a variety of topics relevant today, Discovery Park is making a big difference in the lives of the communities we serve.
Discovery Park of America provides a one-of-a-kind, transformational experience first envisioned by Robert and Jenny Kirkland. The location was chosen as a way for them to give back to Union City, their small West Tennessee hometown.
Discovery Park of America has a passionate staff dedicated to the mission of inspiring children and adults to see beyond. Some have been part of the organization since its inception, while others have joined along the way. Listed here are just a few of our associates who may be able to answer questions or provide additional information for you.
“Reelfoot Forward: A West Tennessee Podcast” celebrates the culture, spirit, accomplishments and history of West Tennessee and the surrounding region. Hosted by DPA president and CEO, Scott Williams, the podcast features notable guests who are influencers from the worlds of entertainment, history, agriculture, education, politics, tourism, sports, business and law, as well as other areas.
Here you’ll find a peek behind the curtain and more details about Discovery Park, our mission and the people, places and things that come together to create a one-of-a-kind experience in the Reelfoot Lake region in Northwest Tennessee.
Contact us: For general questions, check out our FAQ (add link), email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 731-885-5455.