Visit Discovery Park of America
Note: As of Thurs., July 30, all guests three and older are required to wear masks when visiting Discovery Park of America.
Discovery Park of America is closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Discovery Park offers general admission tickets that provide access to the museum and heritage park for one day and VIP ticket packages that include many additional benefits. If you want to do everything, be sure to ask about the Explorer Plus Package at the ticket counter. Special prices are available for groups of 15 or more and students in groups.
A visit to Discovery Park can be planned to accommodate any amount of time, but most guests who visit for the first time often remark they wish they had more time to spend. With 50 acres of outdoor heritage park to explore, there is a lot to see and do.
Discovery Park offers discounts for groups of 15 or more and we offer special rates for students visiting as part of a school trip. If you’re planning for a group visit, our reservations department can assist you with suggesting hotel accommodations, answering questions and providing helpful information on how your group can get the most out of their experience here.
At Discovery Park of America, we’re proud that our mission includes providing support for teachers and administrators in taking STEAM teaching out of the classroom and lab and applying it in a hands-on, state-of-the-art experience. By contributing to an interdisciplinary and applied approach, integrated into cohesive learning programs, we are helping teachers ignite and inspire the next generation of critical thinkers, problem solvers and innovators.
Remember, when you purchase VIP admission to Discovery Park of America, the second day is FREE, so why not stay in one of the hotels right next door and take advantage of that extra day? The hotels offer everything you need to make your visit even more special including FREE breakfasts, indoor heated pools, exercise rooms and free Wi-fi.
With so much to see and do here at Discovery Park, you may want to get a little taste in advance of your visit. You’ll have a lot to experience on our 50-acre outdoor heritage park that includes a man-made river flowing through the extensively-landscaped property, along with waterfalls, bridges and other features.
Discovery Park of America’s iconic 100,000-square-foot museum showcases ten exhibit galleries focused on topics like science, space, technology, the military, natural history, regional history, art, transportation and more. Guests experience:
- 4-D simulation of the early 1800s earthquakes that created the beautiful landscape in this region
- 20,000-gallon aquarium revealing the underwater life of the region’s lakes
- Dinosaurs, fossils and prehistoric artifacts
- Military equipment, vintage automobiles and an actual Titan missile ready to launch
- Interactive displays focused on science, technology, engineering and math—and dozens more hands-on experiences
- Theater with films from Giant Screen Films, a leader in the IMAX industry
- The tallest observation tower in this region
- Galleries dedicated to the visual arts
- Unique state-of-the-art meeting spaces for groups ranging in size from ten to thousands
- Gourmet southern meals prepared by Sabin’s Café Catering
The 50-acre outdoor heritage park includes a man-made river flowing through the extensively landscaped property, along with waterfalls, bridges and other water features. Guests experience:
- Reproduction of an early 20th century town with a working gristmill, windmill, one-room school house and more
- Japanese, European and American gardens
- Reproduction of an entire mid-19th century frontier settlement
- 120-year-old church restored to its original glory
- Turn-of-the-century train station and depot with locomotive, cars and caboose to explore inside and out
- Liberty Hall including a replica of the Liberty Bell and exhibit on American freedom
- One-of-a-kind nature-inspired playground experience featuring a PlayOdyssey Tower, log steppers, log balance beams, hillside climbers, slides and a mini zip line
- Simmons Bank Ag Center showcasing the agricultural traditions and heritage of this region – coming in Dec. 2020 will be a new permanent exhibit on innovation in agriculture.