Discovery Park of America is now open weekdays 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. and 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Sundays. The museum and heritage park are closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Special Note: January 2021 tickets are free for children 17 and under and must be picked up at the Discovery Park ticket counter on the day of your visit.
- Masks are required for guests ages three and older.
- Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays for deep cleaning
When you purchase online tickets, you will receive two emails confirming your purchase. The first email will have information about your order, and the second will contain your tickets with scannable bar codes. The second email is what will need to be shown at the ticket counter upon arrival.
If you are purchasing tickets as a gift, you can forward the second email with the bar codes or you can print them out and send to the recipient.
Tickets for admission to Discovery Park are valid for 365 days from the date of purchase.
Discovery Park offers general admission tickets that provide access to the museum and heritage park for one day.
General Admission Pricing:
- Adult (18 and older): $16.95
- Child (4-17): January 2021 tickets are free for children 17 and under and must be picked up at the Discovery Park ticket counter on the day of your visit.
- 3 and under are free.
*AAA, AARP, Military, Educators and College Students ($2 off general admission with valid ID)
All prices are plus tax and subject to change.
BEST VALUE! This is a great package to enjoy as is or add select attractions to enhance your visit.
Enjoy general admission PLUS:
- Unlimited access to the Cooper Tower
- 10% off in the Gift Shop
- 10% off in the Cafe and Eats & Treats
- Collectible VIP badge
Adult (18 and older): $24.95
Child (4-17): $22.95
3 and under are free.
*Add a second consecutive day of VIP admission and perks for only $2.95 each.
Explorer Plus Package
Available for purchase at the Discovery Park ticket counter only.
BEST VALUE FOR ALL INCLUSIVE!
Explore the whole museum and park with a ticket to Discovery Park, a ticket to all the special attractions and access to the Trapper’s Cabin in the Settlement, where you and your family can relax and recharge throughout the day. With your Explorer Plus Package, you will also get:
- Unlimited access to the Cooper Tower during park hours
- One ticket to the Starship Theater: Wild Africa
- One ticket to the Starship Theater: Journey to Space
- One ticket to the Earthquake Simulator
- Access to the Trapper’s Cabin in the Settlement
- 10% off in the Gift Shop and the Hugh Wade Feed Store
- 10% in Sabin’s Cafe and Eats and Treats
Explorer Plus Package Pricing:
Adult (18 and older): $49.95
Child (4-17): $39.95
Children 3 and under are free.
Add a second consecutive day of admission, unlimited access to Cooper Tower and unlimited access to the Trapper’s Cabin for only $2.95 each.
Special Attraction Pricing
Special attractions including the Starship Theater, the Earthquake Simulator and the Cooper Tower will be open on June 11 but will open at 50 percent capacity to allow for adequate social distancing.
From Giant Screen Films, a leader in the large format/IMAX industry, comes a spectacular journey across, over and through the magical realms of the most dramatic continent on earth: Africa. Watch the trailer $4.95
From Giant Screen Films, a leader in the large format/IMAX industry, comes a celebration of space exploration, a tribute to international cooperation in space research and a vision toward our near-term future beyond Earth’s orbit – a manned mission to Mars within a generation. Watch the trailer $4.95
10-minute story and simulation of historic earthquakes. Show begins every 30 minutes. $4.95
Ride the elevator up 120 feet and see for miles! $4.95
Option for Added Attractions: Pick Two!
Can’t decide which special attraction to experience? Pick any two for just $7.95.
Starship Theater: Wild Africa $4.95
Starship Theater: Journey to Space $4.95
Earthquake Simulator $4.95
Cooper Tower $4.95
Special attraction tickets are sold at the Discovery Park ticket counter.
To make your experience more enjoyable, please note the following guidelines:
- Masks are required for guests ages three and older.
- No food or drinks may be brought into the park from outside.
- No pets.
- No weapons.
- All bags will be checked.
- Please do not enter the park if you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, are experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat right now, or have experienced symptoms like a fever, a new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea in the last 48 hours.
- Cash is not accepted at this time.
- Please maintain a safe distance of at least six feet between your group and employees and other visitors near you while at Discovery Park.
- You will see hand-sanitizing stations throughout the museum and park. Please use those frequently.
- Be sure to wash hands more frequently, avoid touching your face and practice good respiratory etiquette like sneezing into your elbow rather than into the air.
- Prepackaged food and beverage are available in the park.
Members of Discovery Park get great perks, such as unlimited access to the park, early notification and the first chance to purchase tickets for upcoming events, member-only events, discounts in Sabin’s Cafe and the Gift Shop and more. Become a member today.
From here, you can return to the Visit page, find information about hours and location, group admission, our education resources, lodging and visiting Northwest Tennessee. Curious about what you’ll find at Discovery Park? You’ll find photos and more information about our museum and heritage park on our Explore page and in the FAQ.