Bluebird Monitoring Program 2021
Discovery Park of America is working closely with the Tennessee Bluebird Society to install 10 bluebird boxes throughout the 50-acre heritage park that will provide nesting sites for bluebirds. This initiative, along with others relating to wildlife and conservation, is being implemented as part of the new exhibit on farming innovation, “AgriCulture: Innovating for Our Survival.”
A bluebird monitoring program is open to all active members of Discovery Park who are interested in monitoring the activity of bluebirds once the boxes have been installed. Those who participate in the monitoring program will be required to check on the bluebird boxes and record their status at least three times during the monitoring season. Participants can choose their dates and can sign up as individuals, as a group or organization or as a family. Members must sign up to participate no later than Fri., March 5, 2021.
In the video below, Discovery Park’s aquarium and wildlife manager, Kayce Workman, shares more details about this program.
What You Need To Know
- Must be a Discovery Park member to participate.
- Participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Monitoring season will be March 19 – Aug. 29, 2021.
- Participants are required to sign up for at least three weekends during the program to check the bluebird boxes, but we encourage you to sign up for more! Boxes can be checked on Friday, Saturday or Sunday of the weekend you sign up.
- During one of your three visits, you will monitor 10 bluebird boxes which will take about 30 minutes in total.
- All materials will be provided and thoroughly cleaned each week.
Please email any questions to info@discoveryparkofamerica.