Share the #SpiritofTravel on Social Media during National Travel and Tourism Week
Right now, your travel plans may be paused, rescheduled or sadly cancelled due to COVID-19. But, that does not mean you cannot experience travel virtually and start planning your experiences this week during U.S. Travel’s National Travel and Tourism Week. This week honors the spirit of travel in recognition of the industry’s strength, selfessness and resiliency.
This week is also about all travelers. You may be one who enjoys a European vacation, or you may be someone who likes to explore the small towns in your own state. Whether you are a world traveler or a weekend getaway close-to-home type, the #SpiritofTravel is in all of us.
National Travel and Tourism Week is May 3-9, and Discovery Park of America is participating in bringing you the spirit of travel. We have a moment each day in which you can join the conversation on social media using #nttw20 and #SpiritOfTravel on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. All this week, we will be highlighting what our followers enjoy the most when they travel to Discovery Park. There will also be some giveaways throughout the week, and we will wrap up National Travel and Tourism Week with a video where we asked several Discovery Park employees, “What does travel mean to you?”
- Sun., May 3: Learn about National Travel and Tourism Week in this blog!
- Mon., May 4: Share your favorite exhibits and artifacts at Discovery Park of America.
- We will be sharing pictures on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with photos of exhibits, galleries and artifacts that guests have shared with us!
- Tues., May 5: Virtual Road Trip
- Tennessee will be on the #VirtualRoadTrip with @USTravel on Twitter at 1:30 p.m. CDT. Watch for some fun facts about @DiscoveryParkUC and travel during this time!
- Wed., May 6: Tourism Partnership Spotlights
- Northwest Tennessee is full of fun places to explore. Not only can you visit Discovery Park of America, but you can also view the beautiful Reelfoot Lake State Park and eat catfish at Blue Bank Resort, enjoy a wine tasting at White Squirrel Winery in Kenton or a taste of moonshine at Full Throttle Distillery in Trimble, eat a hamburger as big as your head and a milkshake just as big at The Grind Mac and Cheese Burger Bar in Martin, plus so much more. All these and more will be featured during #nttw20. You may even be inspired to start making plans to experience Northwest Tennessee later this year!
- Thurs., May 7: It’s giveaway time! Tune in on Facebook and Instagram to see what you can win! Hint: it involves some free passes and swag from Discovery Park!
- Fri., May 8: #FlashbackFriday is one of our favorite social media trends. We will share some throwback pictures of what Discovery Park looked like before it was even open. If you have any pictures or stories about the beginnings of Discovery Park, but sure to share them with us.
- Sat., May 9: We conclude #nttw20 by announcing the winners of the giveaways as well as sharing our video of “What does travel mean to you?” Let us know what travel means to you in the comments of the video, too!
Discovery Park of America is a destination for travelers of all ages. Even though attractions across the world are closed or limiting their number of visitors, we can come together during this week and share the #SpiritofTravel virtually until it is time to explore again.
Discovery Park will be opening our 50-acre heritage park on June 1, 2020 for guests to enjoy. Click here to learn more details about Discovery Park’s reopening plans, cleaning processes and more.