Christmas in Northwest Tennessee 2020
Discovery Park of America is strictly following all recommended health and safety guidelines for employees and guests.
A winter wonderland of snow is never a given in Northwest Tennessee, but you can always guarantee on finding holiday cheer throughout the region. From the most spectacular light displays to shopping in local boutiques, there is something for the whole family to enjoy. Plan a weekend getaway and stay at one of the brand new hotels beside Discovery Park of America. The Sleep Inn , Mainstay Suites and the Holiday Express Inn & Suites offer everything you need to make your visit to Northwest Tennessee even more special. Enjoy FREE breakfasts, indoor heated pools, exercise rooms and free Wi-fi.
From restaurants to wineries, the breathtaking scenic beauty of Northwest Tennessee receives added charm at Christmas. You’ll discover traditional shops and restaurants in downtown Union City, and there are many others in the surrounding area.
- ‘Let It Glow’ Light Show at Discovery Park of America: Nov. 13-Dec. 30, 2020 Bring the whole family to Discovery Park’s “Let It Glow” light show open Nov. 13. through Dec. 30, 2020. It is only $10 per car to drive through over one million dazzling lights.
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas at Discovery Park: Dec. 22, 2020 Looking for something new and different to do this Christmas? How about a performance you can enjoy without ever leaving your car? Dress the family in their cheeriest holiday pajamas and come to the south entrance of Discovery Park. You’ll then drive through the park stopping along the way to enjoy a series of live performances as you read the story aloud. “’Twas the Night Before Christmas at Discovery Park” is $10 per car.
- Shop, Eat and Enjoy In downtown Union City, eat at one of the family-owned restaurants and catch a performance at the historic Capitol Theatre. For more shops and restaurants, visit Mainstreet Union City.
- Downtown Martin Christmas Parade
- Shop, Eat and Enjoy The city of Martin, Tennessee, is a 20 minute drive from Discovery Park. Visit local boutiques and eat at one of the town’s many restaurants. For a list of shops and restaurants, visit the City of Martin.
- Blue Bank Resort Christmas Lights Walking Trail Bundle up for a walk through the twinkling light display at Blue Bank Resort at Reelfoot Lake. The 30 minute drive from Discovery Park to see these lights glistening off the water is well worth it.
- Comfort Food at its Finest Enjoy some of the best dishes from family-owned restaurants on the lake.
- Hunting and Fishing Individuals travel from all around to fish and hunt at Reelfoot Lake. For more information, click here.