Experience David Crockett
There are many places at Discovery Park of America where guests can experience folk hero, frontiersman, politician and West Tennessee settler David Crockett every day. He lived in our region from 1822 until he departed for the Alamo in 1835. Crockett was also one of the earliest hunters around nearby Reelfoot Lake.
Discover David Crockett throughout Discovery Park:
- Statue dedicated to the frontiersman
- Congressional exhibit in Liberty Hall at Freedom Square
- Reproduction of Crockett’s portrait by John Gadsby Chapman
- Regional History Gallery telling the story of Northwest Tennessee
- 20,0000-gallon aquarium and tanks featuring the wildlife of Reelfoot Lake
- One-of-a-kind Earthquake Simulator
- Native American Gallery
- 1800s Tennessee log cabin community
- Mill Ridge featuring a working gristmill and forge
Be sure to include time during your visit to stop by the Davy Crockett Cabin and Museum in Rutherford, Tenn and nearby Reelfoot Lake. Planning your visit to explore this area to see what you can discover? Check out the three new hotels right next door to Discovery Park.